Welcome to the NRAS portal page.
- NRAS portal
- Digital Identity
- Types of NRAS portal access
- Portal access request forms
- Quick Reference Guides (QRGs)
myGovID is the Australian Government’s Digital Identity app. You will need a Digital Identity (myGovID) to access the NRAS portal.
FAQ’s and links provided below explain Digital Identity in more detail including how to access and set up your myGovID.
Digital Identity FAQs
What is Digital Identity?
Digital Identity is a safe, secure and convenient way for Australians to prove who they are online. You can also link your Digital Identity to an Australian business to act on its behalf.
Digital Identity allows you to verify your identity, much like a digital version of a 100-point ID check.
Once your Digital Identity is set up, you can reuse it whenever you are asked to prove who you are to access a range of government online services for both personal and business matters.
Using myGovID as your Digital Identity
myGovID is the Australian Government’s Digital Identity app. Set up your myGovID in three easy steps. Download the myGovID app to your smart device, enter your details and choose your identity strength. To access the NRAS portal, you will need at least a standard identity strength. As it's your personal Digital Identity, you should set up your myGovID using a personal email address. It should not be a shared or work email address.
For further information on setting up a visit www.mygovid.gov.au/setup.
Link your myGovID to a business using Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM)
If you access the NRAS portal on behalf of a business, you will need to link your myGovID to the business using RAM.
RAM is an authorisation service that allows you to act on behalf of a business online when linked with your Digital Identity, like myGovID. How you link depends on whether you’re a:
- principal authority – person responsible for the business or entity
- authorised user or administrator - someone who acts on behalf of a business or entity.
For more information, see https://info.authorisationmanager.gov.au
There are three levels of access for users:
Participant Read Only User
The user is only able to view data and can perform functions such as payment reconciliations or printing refundable tax offset (RTO) certificates.
Participant Read/Write User
The user can perform searches; update dwelling details; create and submit TDAs; view RTO certificates and payment requests.
Participant Claims User
The user can perform searches; update dwelling details; create and submit TDAs; view RTO certificates and payment requests and create annual statements of compliance.
Tenancy/Property Manager Access
There is only one level of access for tenancy/property managers.
NRAS Tenancy/Property Manager
The tenancy/property manager is able to create TDAs for dwellings they manage; submit the TDAs to the approved participant to review and finalise; and search dwelling records.
- Portal access request form – approved participants
- Portal access request form – tenancy and property managers
- QRG 1 - How to log into the NRAS portal
- QRG 2 - Submit a TDA (all pathways)
- QRG 3 - Withdrawing a TDA
- QRG 4 - Saving finding and resubmission of draft TDAs
- QRG 5 - How to delete a draft TDA
- QRG 6 - Submit a vacancy
- QRG 7 - Updating submitted TDAs
- QRG 8 - Modify a single dwelling
- QRG 9 - Assign a property manager
- QRG 10 - Submit a dwelling for activation
- QRG 11 - Attaching a document to a dwelling
- QRG 12 - How to lodge a market rent valuation
- QRG 13 - View and complete actions
- QRG 14 - Submit a statement of compliance
- QRG 15 - Withdraw a claim
- QRG 16 - How to view and print an RTO certificate
- QRG 17 - How to run an occupancy gap report
- QRG 18 - How to run a report to obtain dwelling details
- QRG 19 - Run dwelling without a valid SoC report
- QRG 20 - Run a dwelling rent information report
- QRG 21 - Exporting data from the portal
- QRG 22 - Add and edit investor information
Information for prospective tenants looking to apply for NRAS properties including contact lists of housing providers in each state and territory
General information on NRAS for tenants, approved participants and investors
Information for tenant eligibility and moving from one NRAS property to another NRAS property
Information on NRAS incentives, Statements of Compliance requirements and NRAS performance reporting for approved participants and investors
Information, Quick Reference Guide's, and a link to the NRAS portal for approved participants
NRAS approved forms and fact sheets for approved participants and tenancy managers