Graduate Development Program
Applications have now closed
Data and analysis opportunities still available
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is now recruiting graduates for data roles across the Australian Public Service in 2021, including the Department of Social Services. By completing one application, you will open the door to opportunities at up to 10 Australian Government departments, including the Department of Social Services, ABS, the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, Department of Education, Skills and Employment as well as the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
As a Graduate you may see yourself working in data analysis, data acquisition, data engineering or more specialised roles in data science, methodology or geospatial analysis.
One application, multiple opportunities.
Join the Department of Social Services to improve the wellbeing of individuals and families in Australian communities.
Are you passionate, ready for a challenge and want to make a difference? Do you want the best start possible to your Australian Public Service career?
Do you have an interest in one of our core skills areas?
- Arts and design
- Business and commerce
- Communications, public relations and media
- Data analysis and statistics
- Interdisciplinary studies
- International relations
- Social science
The graduate program offers:
- a challenging and rewarding introduction to working in the government and being part of vital government initiatives.
- two five-month work area placements (rotations).
- invitations to participate in a range of learning and development activities, networking events, and short-term placements in not-for-profit organisations and Services Australia service centres.
The public service offers career progression and variety, as well as excellent pay and conditions.
Want to know more?