A New Way of Working for Grants
The Australian Government is committed to working effectively with organisations to deliver valuable services for individuals, families and the community. This includes providing greater certainty for service providers to improve service delivery and enable them to continue to deliver the critical work that they do.
As part of a broad plan to boost productivity and remove unnecessary red tape for community organisations, the Department of Social Services (DSS) has seven streamlined grant programmes aimed at enhancing service delivery and providing greater freedom for service providers.
DSS grant arrangements include:
- grant programmes that reflect the way community services are delivered
- longer term grant agreements where appropriate, to offer certainty in service delivery
- a move towards a single grant agreement for each provider to reduce administrative burden
- a streamlined approach to programme performance reporting which is mutually beneficial
- simplified financial acquittal reporting to cut down on administrative costs for providers
DSS funding rounds currently open for application are advertised on the Funding Open for Application page.
Organisations interested in DSS grants are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available. The Department accepts no responsibility to inform applicants of any changes if they do not subscribe to receive alerts.
- $10 million for specialist disability housing
- Helping communities celebrate diversity
- $20 million to help those who help others
- Applications open for service providers to deliver Coalition Government’s Nanny Pilot
- Apply for new aged care places
- New funding for community projects to reduce violence against women
- Abbott Government invests further $40 million to address gaps in frontline community services
- Coalition government invests $3.9 million into forced adoption support services
- Coalition government boosts funding support for vulnerable children and their families
- Innovative Aged Care projects receive $34 million boost
- Government funding for disability conferences
- Coalition Government provides further $1.7 million for Emergency Relief
- Coalition Government support communities to celebrate Australia's diversity
- Morrison to fill critical front line service gaps in social service grants
- Department of Social Services Grant Funding Offers
- Long-term certainty and less red tape for social service providers
For information about DSS Budget measures, visit the DSS Budget page.