The Australian Government is committed to working effectively with organisations to deliver valuable services for individuals, families and the community. This includes providing greater certainty for service providers to improve service delivery and enable them to continue to deliver the critical work that they do.
The Department of Social Services (DSS) has seven streamlined grant programs aimed at enhancing service delivery and providing greater freedom for service providers.
DSS grant arrangements include:
- grant programs that reflect the way community services are delivered
- longer term grant agreements where appropriate, to offer certainty in service delivery
- a move towards a single grant agreement for each provider to reduce administrative burden
- a streamlined approach to program performance reporting which is mutually beneficial
- simplified financial acquittal reporting to cut down on administrative costs for providers.
Current media releases are available from the department’s website.
Media releases from former Ministers and Parliamentary Secretaries are available.
Visit the DSS Budget page for information about DSS Budget measures.