Norfolk Island Reform
Norfolk Island is an external Australian territory in the Pacific Ocean about 1,600km northeast of Sydney.
From 1 July 2016, the Australian Government will introduce taxation, social security and healthcare arrangements on Norfolk Island.
As part of the taskforce coordinating the Norfolk Island reforms process, the Department of Social Services is responsible for introducing:
- Family and Relationship Services
- Children and Parenting Support
- Emergency Relief
- Access to the 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) counselling helpline
- Access to the 1800 007 007 financial counselling helpline
- Social security payments, including Newstart Allowance, Family Tax Benefit, Disability Support Pension, and the Age Pension.
The Norfolk Island reforms are led by the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development—more information on the Norfolk Island reforms. Feedback or questions about the reforms can be emailed to NorfolkIslandReform@infrastructure.gov.au