Programs & Services
- Australian Government Certificate of Appreciation for Volunteers
Volunteers play a critical role in helping shape Australia and building stronger and more resilient communities.
- Bali Lifetime Rehabilitation Assistance Package
Under the Bali Lifetime Rehabilitation Assistance Package, the Australian Government provides lifetime assistance for out-of-pocket expenses for rehabilitation care to eligible Australians injured in the 12 October 2002 and 1 October 2005 Bali Bombings.
- Fair pay for social and community services workers
On 1 February 2012, Fair Work Australia made an historic decision to provide fair pay for social and community services (SACS) workers and for workers in crisis assistance and supported housing (CASH).
- Strong and Resilient Communities
The Strong and Resilient Communities grants aim to build strong, resilient, cohesive and harmonious communities. Programs include Community Resilience, Inclusive Communities and National Projects and Research.
- Strengthening Communities
The Strong and Resilient Communities grants program will replace the Strengthening Communities Activity from 1 April 2018.
- Digital Literacy for Older Australians Program
A family and community centred approach to improving the skills, confidence and online safety of older Australians in using digital technology.
- Financial Wellbeing and Capability
- The Program helps people across a range of income and financial literacy levels to manage their money, overcome financial adversity, participate in their communities and plan for the medium to long term.
- Emergency Relief
Assistance for people in immediate financial crisis who do not have other reasonable means of support.
- Emergency Relief National Coordination Plan
The Government is working closely with the emergency relief and food relief sectors nationally to ensure organisations can continue to operate and deliver this vital support to the community, particularly at this critical time.
- Services and information
Links in response to frequent enquiries about community programs and services.
- Commonwealth Financial Counselling (CFC)
A service strategy under the Australian Government's Financial Wellbeing and Capability.
- Australian Government Community Business Partnership Award
The Australian Government Community Business Partnership Award has been established for use by Members of Parliament to recognise the important contribution of collaborative business and community sector partnerships in their electorate or state/territory.
- Norfolk Island Reform
On 19 March 2015, the Australian Government announced it will introduce taxation, social security and healthcare arrangements on Norfolk Island from 1 July 2016.
- Civil Society
Civil Society encompasses the diverse range of community services undertaken by 600,000 charities and not-for-profit organisations across Australia.
- National Centre for Excellence
The Government announced, in March 2016, that it would retain the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), and cease the development of the Civil Society National Centre for Excellence.
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
The Government provides certainty to the charitable sector and community organisations by announcing the decision to retain the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
- Register of Harm Prevention Charities
A tax incentive mechanism to assist eligible institutions.
- Prime Minister's Community Business Partnership
The Prime Minister’s Community Business Partnership brings together community and business leaders to advise the Australian Government on practical strategies to foster a culture of philanthropic giving and investment in Australia.
- Help for ethnic community organisations
Helpful information and links for ethnic community organisations in relation to funding, governance and setting up a new organisation.
- Helping Problem Gamblers
The Government has committed to a national policy approach to help problem gamblers, which will consider best practice approaches to gambling policy, across all forms of gambling.