Australian Priority Investment Approach to Welfare – Infographic
As at 30 June 2015, the future lifetime cost of welfare payments for all Australians is 4.8 trillion dollars.
This 4.8 trillion dollars is made up of:
- Age Pension = 2.5 trillion dollars
- Disability Support Pension = 573 billion dollars
- Family Tax Benefit = 378 billion dollars
- Other payments, allowances and supplements = 377 billion dollars
- Working age payments = 336 billion dollars
- Carer Payment and allowances = 334 billion dollars
- Other family payments, including child care and parental leave = 150 billion dollars
- Parenting Payment = 117 billion dollars
- Student payments = 50 billion dollars.
Fifty per cent of the population receives, or has received, welfare payments.
One in ten people not currently receiving welfare will start receiving payments over the next five years.