Resources for people with disability
- Australian Disability Enterprises
Online directory of products and services produced by businesses providing sustainable employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Australian National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline
Australia-wide telephone hotline for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disabilities using government funded services
- Centrelink (Department of Human Services)
Supports people who are ill, injured or have a disability with a range of payments including Disability Support Pension, Sickness Allowance and Mobility Allowance
- CRS Australia (Department of Human Services)
Leading provider of vocational rehabilitation and assessment services to people with a disability, injury or health condition
- International Day of People with Disability
This is the central source of all information about International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) in Australia and the National Disability Awards.
Information and advice service funded by the Australian Government. It offers help and workplace solutions for people with disability and their employers
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
The NDIS is the Australian Government scheme that helps people with significant and permanent disability to get the reasonable and necessary supports they need to be part of everyday life.
Our Australian health system is YOUR health system.
Find out how YOU can help make it better through the yourHealth website.
State and Territory Governments
Find information on programs and services in your state and territory
- New South Wales Government - Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care
- Victorian Government - Disability Online
- South Australian Government - Disability SA
- Western Australian Government - Disability WA
- Queensland Government - Disability Services Queensland
- Tasmanian Government - Tasmania Online
- Northern Territory Government - Department of Health and Families, Aged and Disability
Resources for carers of people with disability
- Commonwealth Carelink Centres
Information centres for older people, people with disabilities and those who provide care and services. Centres provide free and confidential information on community aged care, disability and other support services available
- MyTime, supporting parents of children with disabilities
Provides local support groups for mums, dads, grandparents and anyone caring for a young child under school age with a disability or chronic medical condition
Disability peak bodies
The Australian Government funds a number of national disability organisations.