A New Way of Working for Grants
21 August 2014
The application period for the Financial Counselling & Financial Capability - Mornington Peninsula and Sydney/North Sydney & Hornsby grant funding round opened 15 August and will close on 22 September 2014.
For more information on grant funding rounds that are currently open, please visit the Funding Open for Application page.
6 August 2014
Assessment of applications for the grant funding rounds that closed on Thursday 24 July is underway.
The Department will advise organisations on the outcome of their application later this year.
For further information in relation to the recent grant funding rounds and the new way of working for grants, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
The Australian Government is committed to working effectively with civil society organisations to deliver valuable services for individuals, families and the community. This includes providing greater certainty for service providers to improve service delivery and enable them to continue to deliver the critical work that they do.
As part of a broad plan to boost productivity and remove unnecessary red tape for community organisations, the Department of Social Services (DSS) new arrangements streamline 18 programmes into seven. This will see significant improvements to grants funding, enhance service delivery and provide greater freedom for service providers.
The new grant arrangements include:
- new grant programmes that better reflect the way community services are delivered
- longer term grant agreements where appropriate, to offer certainty in service delivery
- a move towards a single grant agreement for each provider to reduce administrative burden
- a new and streamlined approach to programme performance reporting which is mutually beneficial
- simplified financial acquittal reporting to cut down on administrative costs for providers
Under these new arrangements, 21 funding rounds for grants opened for application on 19 June 2014 and closed on 24 July 2014. A small number of funding rounds are still open and can be found on the Funding Open for Application page.
Organisations interested in DSS grants are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available. The Department accepts no responsibility to inform applicants of any changes if they do not subscribe to receive alerts.
To ensure service delivery continues while the new arrangements are implemented, DSS has offered funding extensions to the majority of existing service providers with agreements that finished on 30 June 2014.
- Opening Address to the Building Partnerships Between Governments and Not-For-Profits Conference, 20 May 2014
For information about other DSS 2014-15 Budget measures, visit the DSS Budget page.