Disability Employment Services
Disability Employment Services help people with disability find work and keep a job.
Through Disability Employment Services, people with disability, injury or health condition may be able to receive assistance to prepare for, find and keep a job.
Providers of Disability Employment Services are called DES providers for short. DES providers are a mix of large, medium and small, for-profit and not-for-profit organisations that are experienced in supporting people with disability as well as providing assistance to employers to put in place practices that support the employee in the workplace.
Disability Employment Services has two parts:
- Disability Management Service is for job seekers with disability, injury or health condition who need assistance to find a job and occasional support in the workplace to keep a job.
- Employment Support Service provides assistance to job seekers with permanent disability to find a job and who need regular, ongoing support in the workplace to keep a job.
JobAccess can provide you with all the information you need on disability employment, including Disability Employment Services.
JobAccess is a comprehensive website and a telephone information service that provides advice on disability employment related matters. It offers help and workplace solutions for people with disability and their employers.
DES Reform 2018
Following extensive community consultation involving people with disability, disability peak organisations, disability service providers and employers, the DES program will be changing. Under the changes to the program, DES participants will have greater choice about the services they receive and how they receive them.
From 1 July 2018, the changes to the DES program will include:
- improving participant choice and control;
- engendering competition and contestability in service delivery;
- improving incentives for providers to place jobseekers in employment;
- introducing indexation of provider payments; and
- a trial of expanded DES eligibility for students in the last year of school.
The changes aim to improve the overall performance of the DES program to help more people with disability, injury or a health condition find and maintain employment.
DES Provider Panel 2018
A new panel of Disability Employment Services (DES) Providers is being established through a grant application process. The new providers of Disability Employment Services will support people with disability to find and keep work with a greater emphasis on providers achieving outcomes. A list of organisations that have received offers to deliver DES from 1 July 2018 is now available.
- Disability Employment Services Deed (current)
- Disability Employment Services Grant Agreement effective 1 July 2018
- Disability Employment Services Guidelines
- Disability Employment Services Charter of Contract Management
- National Panel of Assessors Deed (current)
- DES Reform 2018 Transition Advice for Providers
Want to know more?
- Visit the JobAccess website for more information or to find your local DES provider
- Call JobAccess on 1800 464 800