Disability Employment Services
Disability Employment Services (DES) helps people with disability find work and keep a job.
Through Disability Employment Services, job seekers with disability, injury or health condition may be able to receive assistance to prepare for, find and keep a job.
Disability Employment Services providers are a mix of large, medium and small, for-profit and not-for-profit organisations that are experienced in supporting job seekers with disability and experienced helping businesses to put in place practices that support the employee in the workplace.
Disability Employment Services has two parts:
- Disability Management Service is for job seekers with disability, injury or health condition who need assistance to find a job and occasional support to keep a job.
- Employment Support Service provides assistance to people with permanent disability and who need regular, ongoing support to keep a job.
JobAccess can provide you with all the information you need on disability employment, including Disability Employment Services.
JobAccess is a comprehensive, easy to use website and a telephone information service that provides advice on disability employment related matters. It offers help and workplace solutions for people with disability and their employers.
Want to know more?
- Visit the JobAccess website
- Call JobAccess on 1800 464 800
- To find your local Disability Employment Services provider, visit the JobActive website.
- Disability Employment Services Deed
- Disability Employment Services Purchasing
- Evaluation of Disability Employment Services 2010-2013
- Disability Employment Framework consultation
DES Business Reallocation and Transition 2016 Information
The Australian Government is currently undertaking a business reallocation for both DES – Disability Management Service and DES – Employment Support Service. This process will help maintain a higher quality of service for DES participants. The process commenced in April 2016 with the release of an Industry Information Paper, and will conclude on 6 February 2017 when participants connected with non-ongoing DES providers will be transferred to new providers.
Information on the outcomes of the Business Reallocation and Fact Sheets are available below.
- DES Business Reallocation Outcomes spreadsheet
- DES Changes to your Disability Employment Services provider - Information for Participants
- DES Changes to the delivery of Disability Employment Services - Information for Employers