Programmes & Services
Through the Targeted Community Care (Mental Health) Program, DSS delivers community mental health services. These services are:
- Personal Helpers and Mentors
Aims to provide increased opportunities for recovery for people aged 16 years and over whose lives are severely affected by mental illness. This service helps participants to overcome social isolation and increase their connections to the community.
Locate a Personal Helper and Mentor service
Locate a Personal Helper and Mentor Employment service
- Mental Health Respite: Carer Support
Aims to assist carers of people with mental illness or intellectual disability to sustain their caring role and maintain connection with their communities by increasing access to flexible, innovative carer support services.
Locate a Mental Health Respite: Carer Support service
- Family Mental Health Support Services
Aims to provide improved mental health outcomes for children and young people, and their families.
Locate a Family Mental Health Support Service
- Commonwealth Mental Health Reforms
- National Disability Strategy
- Disability and Carers Programs and Services
- National Disability Insurance Scheme