Families and Children Evidence and Evaluation Support
What is Families and Children Evidence and Evaluation Support?
Formerly known as the Families and Children Expert Panel Project, Evidence and Evaluation Support helps Families and Children Activity service providers to plan and implement high quality evidence-based programs, measure outcomes and conduct evaluations.
The Evidence and Evaluation Support includes:
- providing implementation support and training for organisations in the use of evidence-based programs and practice;
- supporting the development of outcome measures that organisations can use to evaluate the extent to which they have helped their clients;
- providing training and support in the development and evaluation of outcome measures;
- supporting organisations to trial and evaluate new approaches, particularly in prevention and early intervention; and
- conducting other research and evaluation activities.
More information about Evidence and Evaluation Support can be found on the Australian Institute of Family Studies website.
Who can get help from Evidence and Evaluation Support?
There are a range of Evidence and Evaluation support online resources, including webinars, available on the Australian Institute of Family Studies website. However, one-on-one support from the Evidence and Evaluation Support team is only available for service providers who are funded under the Families and Children Activity.
How is the Evidence and Evaluation Support project delivered?
Evidence and Evaluation Support is administered by the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS) and funded by DSS. AIFS directly supports providers or engages an organisation with relevant expertise if more intensive support is required.