Information and referrals for people with disability and their supporters about coronavirus (COVID-19)
People with disability can now contact the Disability Gateway for information and referrals about coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Disability Gateway can help families, carers and support workers, too.
The Disability Gateway is free, private and fact-checked.
If you are worried or concerned about COVID-19, you can contact the Disability Gateway in the following ways:
- Phone (free call): 1800 643 787
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can also call the National Relay Service on 133 677
- If you require support in another language, you can use the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) free of charge by:
- calling the Disability Gateway on 1800 643 787 and asking for an interpreter, or
- calling TIS on 131 450 and ask to be connected to the Disability Gateway on 1800 643 787.
- A live chat service will also be available in the near future.
The Disability Gateway is available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEDT). It is not available on national public holidays.
The Disability Gateway is funded by the Australian Government.