Families and Communities Service Improvement (FCSI) Activity
The Families and Communities Service Improvement (FCSI) activity aims to build capacity within the families and communities sector by funding peak bodies for conferences, research, pilots, policy advice, evaluations and other service improvement initiatives.
Six Australian peak bodies are funded to deliver sector development and policy advice. The peak bodies supported are:
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth Limited (ARACY)
- Economic Justice Australia (EJA)
- Families Australia
- Family Relationship Services Australia (FRSA)
- The Australian Council of Social Service Inc. (ACOSS)
- Volunteering Australia
These peak organisations are:
- national in scope
- have a broad membership base across Australia
- are concerned with issues of relevance to the needs of the Australian community with respect to family and/or community services
- act as a conduit for information flow between the Government and their membership base
- work to enhance the effectiveness of service delivery through sector development activities, and
- have a primary focus on policy development and advice.