Where to get help

If you or someone else is in immediate danger call Triple Zero (000)

Child safety concerns

Find out how to contact the child protection agency in your state or territory.

If you have concerns about the safety of a child you should report it to the relevant state or territory child protection agency.

Parenting support

Where to get advice and information you can trust.

Parenting can be a tough gig. It is ok to reach out for help.

Family and children national resources and contacts

Find a useful list of national resources and contacts.

Grandparent, Foster and Kinship Carer Advisers

How to contact tailored help for non-parent carers.

Child protection can be a difficult topic and your wellbeing and safety is important.

If you or someone you know needs help or support at any time contact one of the below services:


13 11 14

Beyond Blue

1300 22 4636

Kids Help Line

If you are aged 5-25 years old, you can free call Kids Help Line for any reason.

1800 511 800


You can call 1800Respect if you need help or support with:

  • Violence – if someone is hurting you physically
  •  Abuse – if someone is treating you badly.

1800 737 732

Families Relationship Advice Line

  • Strengthening family relationships
  • Helping families stay together
  • Assisting families through seperation

Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm local time

Saturday 10am to 4pm local time

Closed Sundays and national public holidays

1800 050 321

Grandparent, Foster and Kinship Carer Advisers

Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

1800 245 965

Grandparent, Foster and Kinship Carer Advisers give tailored help for all non-parent carers such as:

  • grandparent carers
  • foster carers
  • kinship carers
  • informal carers.

Grandparent, Foster and Kinship Carer Advisers can help you and your family while you adjust to your change in circumstances.

  • They can tell you about payments and support services based on your needs.
  • They can give you information about Medicare, Centrelink or Child Support. 
  • They can refer you to federal, state and community services in your area.

Children and families national resources and contacts

Last updated: