Child Safety Concerns
If you or someone else is in immediate danger call Triple Zero (000)
If you have concerns about the safety of a child you should report it to the child protection agency in that child’s state or territory.
In Australia, state and territory governments are in charge of the care and protection of children and young people.
You should contact the child protection agency in you state or territory if you:
- need information to help you deal with the child protection system,
- are unhappy with how a child protection worker has treated you, or
- have feedback on child protection matters,
If you are a child in out-of-home care in need of support you can reach out to your state or territory:
- commissioner for children and young people, or
- children and young people’s guardian.
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- NSW Family and Community Services
- NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian
- NSW Office of the Advocate for Children and Young People
- QLD Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women
- QLD Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- QLD Family and Child Commission