Contacts page

General complaints about DSS programs or DSS funded service providers are dealt with under the DSS Complaints Management process. However, if your complaint relates to a program or service funded by another agency or department, the table below may assist you in getting to the right area to submit your complaint.  It is best to lodge your complaint with these areas directly in the first instance, as DSS may not be able to help you.

Complaint Relates to:

Contact Information

Name of Department / Website

The assessment or delivery of a service provided by Department of Human Services or a service provider.

For example, Payment of benefits, Centrelink, Social Security, Pensions

Phone regarding Feedback and Complaints 1800 132 468

Department of Human Services (DHS)

Ageing and Aged Care

Phone Switchboard: 02 6289 1555
Phone Freecall 1800 020 103

Department of Health

Child Care

Phone Switchboard: 1300 566 046

Department of Education

visa, citizenship, travel or trade, including bringing goods in and out of Australia

To make an enquiry: Phone Switchboard: 131 881
To provide Feedback: Phone Switchboard: 133 177

Department of Home Affairs - Compliments, complaints and suggestions

Department of Home Affairs - Compliments - General enquiries form

Employment Services
Job seekers, for example Job active, Restart, work for the dole

Phone Switchboard: 1300 488 064

Department of Employment

Policy queries regarding  Domestic Policy, National Security and International Policy, Indigenous affairs and  Communication with a Minister

Phone Switchboard: 02 6271 5111
To email a complaint:

Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet

Employee/Employer disputes

Phone Switchboard: 1300 799 675

Fair Work Commission

Last updated: