State and Territory Regulators for Gambling
Gambling, including poker machines, casinos, lotteries and online gambling is administered by State and Territory regulators.
Gambling is regulated by the following state and territory bodies:
- Australian Capital Territory - ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
- New South Wales - Office for Liquor, Gaming and Racing
- Northern Territory - Racing Commission | Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade
- Queensland - Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation
- South Australia - Independent Gambling Authority
- Tasmania - Department of Treasury and Finance
- Victoria - Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
- Western Australia - Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor
The Australian Government, together with the State and Territory Governments, has introduced a suite of minimum consumer protections for people who gamble online. Read more about the National Consumer Protection Framework for Online Wagering (National Framework).