New grant opportunities under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Action Plan18 December 2023
Grant opportunities committed under the recently released Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Action Plan are now open. Applications close 16 February 2024.
As part of the National Plan to End Violence against Women and Children 2022-2032, the government committed $262.6 million to support the dedicated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Action Plan and early investment into a standalone First Nations National Plan.
The grants will provide funding for immediate work to help end gender-based violence across 4 immediate priority actions:
- Community-led prevention services, programs and campaigns for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- Community-led men’s wellness centres
- Increasing capacity of crisis accommodation services
- Family, domestic and sexual violence programs in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community-Controlled Organisations (ACCOs).
The grants will help support victim-survivors of family, domestic and sexual violence,and their children.
We encourage organisations to apply now at GrantConnect. Please share this grant opportunity with your community and networks.
Find out more
- Visit www.dss.gov.au/fdsvgrants to apply, learn more or to register to attend an information session
- You can also visit www.dss.gov.au/ending-violence for more information on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Action Plan
- Read Minister Rishworth’s media release.