Evaluation of the Child Protection Scheme of Income Management and Voluntary Income Management Measures in Western Australia
Aim of publication
The former Australian Government Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, supported by the Western Australian Department for Child Protection, commissioned ORIMA Research to conduct an evaluation of the income management trial in Western Australia (WA).
Who is it for?
This report is for relevant organisations, policy makers and service providers and interested stakeholders.
What does it cover?
This is an evaluation of a trial of two separate measures of income management in the Kimberley and Perth regions in WA starting in November 2008. The two measures in the trial were:
- Child Protection Scheme of Income Management
- Voluntary Income Management.
The evaluation assesses:
- the impact of income management on improving child wellbeing
- the impact of income management on financial capability of individuals
- the effectiveness of implementation.