Applying for Grants
To ensure fairness and equity to all applicants, DSS is required to assess each application received as outlined in the Programme Guidelines suite of documents for each funding round. DSS employees and contractors (who are treated as agency staff) are required to abide by the Conflict of Interest Policy and the APS Values and Code of Conduct. Meeting the selection criteria and submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
Grants currently available for application can be found on the Funding Open for Application page.
What do I need to do to apply?
- Review the Funding Open for Application page to see funding opportunities available.
- Review the relevant application information to determine which are appropriate for you. You might be interested in more than one funding opportunity.
- Prepare your application for funding using the relevant application form(s), ensuring that you’ve completed all the steps.
- Check the website throughout the process for updated information.
- Subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available. The Department accepts no responsibility to inform applicants of any changes if they do not subscribe to receive alerts and it is the responsibility of organisations applying for DSS grants to keep informed of additional information throughout the application period.
Information and support
A range of information and support is available for organisations who wish to submit an application for funding.
Find out about:
- the types of selections processes available including direct, restricted or open competitive;
- the service areas used in new grant agreements;
- DSS Policies for grant processes, which include:
- Resources available to assist you in preparing an application including:
- the Department’s commitment to reducing red tape for grant recipients using a risk-based approach to the management of grant agreements;