Programs & Services
- National Centre for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse recommended the Australian Government, along with state and territory governments, establish a National Centre to address child sexual abuse by reducing stigma, promoting help-seeking and supporting good practice.
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
Support services are available for people affected by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children in the Northern Territory
The Department of Social Services is leading the Commonwealth response to the Royal Commission’s 26 recommendations to improve outcomes for vulnerable children and prevent them from entering youth justice and child protection systems within the Northern Territory.
- Protecting Australia's Children
The Australian Government is taking the lead with State and Territory Governments and the community sector to develop and implement a national framework for protecting Australia's children.
- Commonwealth redress scheme for survivors of institutional child sexual abuse
The Australian Government is establishing a Commonwealth Redress Scheme for survivors of institutional childhood sexual abuse.
- Towards Independent Adulthood Trial
The Trial aims to increase the wellbeing and future outcomes of young people leaving care and reduce the likelihood of their reliance on services.
- The First 1,000 Days
This aims to help everyone in the community play a role in ensuring our children get a happy and healthy start to life.