TILA application form
Transition to Independent Living Allowance (TILA) application form
At the assessment stage, the case worker must:
- Fill out the Transition to Independent Living Allowance Application Form in hardcopy.
- Explain the privacy notification to the young person.
- Obtain the young person's signature on the form.
- Sign the application form themselves.
- Keep the completed form on file.
The form is a record of the young person’s consent to their information being used by the Department of Human Services and Department of Social Services and to lodgement of the claim for payment by their case worker.
This record of a TILA claim is kept by the caseworker for auditing and reference purposes.
By filling out this form, the case worker or administration officer will have the information at hand ready to answer the questions in the Unified Government Gateway application.