There are a range of local support service providers to assist people on Income Management, enhanced Income Management, or people who want to volunteer to be income managed, including:
- emergency relief
- financial counselling services
- mental health services
- drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- additional family support services
- targeted youth services.
Support Service Directories are available, and list a range of services. Location specific support services directory information below:
- Ceduna and surrounding region: Support Services Directory
- East Kimberley region: Support Services Directory
- Goldfields region: Support Services Directory
- Bundaberg and Hervey Bay region: Support Services Directory
- Top End (Darwin and surroundings) region: Support Services Directory
- Cape York region: Support Services Directory
- Central Australia (Alice Springs and surroundings) region: Support Services Directory
- Doomadgee region: Support Services Directory
- National: Support Services Directory
Local Services Plans
As part of the abolition of the Cashless Debit Card (CDC), the Department of Social Services Minister was required to develop Local Services Plans (LSPs) for each of the former CDC locations – Ceduna, East Kimberley, Goldfields and Bundaberg and Hervey Bay.
The LSPs are required to address:
- improving community services in the area; and
- addressing social issues in the area.
The department developed the LSPs through consultation with stakeholders in each of the former CDC locations. These LSPs outline the current support services available and include service gaps, social issues and priority needs that have been identified by the community in each of the former CDC locations. Each LSP includes an initial Action Plan for addressing these issues and improving community services.
You can view the Local Services Plans for each of the former CDC locations below:
- Bundaberg & Hervey Bay Local Services Plan
- Ceduna Local Services Plan
- East Kimberley Local Services Plan
- Goldfields Local Services Plan
The Disability Gateway is a free Australia-wide service to help people with disability, their families and carers find trusted information and services. To find out more information on how this service can support you:
- Visit www.disabilitygateway.gov.au ; or
- call 1800 643 787, available 8am to 8pm AEDT, Monday to Friday