Enhanced Income Management – Queensland
Logan, Rockhampton and Livingstone
Enhanced Income Management is operating in Logan, Rockhampton and Livingstone in Queensland. Since 4 September 2023, participants on Income Management can choose to move to enhanced Income Management and newly eligible participants are placed on enhanced Income Management if they are eligible for the following measures:
- Voluntary enhanced Income Management measure – Participants who volunteer to go onto enhanced Income Management have 50 per cent of their income support payments income managed.
- Vulnerable Welfare Payment Recipient measure – This measure is aimed at helping vulnerable youth or at-risk individuals and their families to manage their income support and family assistance payments more effectively. Participants on the Vulnerable Welfare Payment Recipient measure have 50 per cent of their income support payments income managed.
- Child Protection measure – Child Protection operates in Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia. Child protection authorities can refer a person for Child Protection enhanced Income Management. Participants on the Child Protection measure have 70 per cent of their income support payments income managed.
Cape York and Doomadgee
Enhanced Income Management operates in the communities of Aurukun, Coen, Hope Vale, Mossman Gorge, Doomadgee and associated outstations.
The Family Responsibilities Commission (FRC) manage enhanced Income Management participants in the Cape York and Doomadgee region. The FRC is a statutory body driven by community members, whose purpose is to support welfare reform to restore socially responsible standards of behaviour, local authority and wellbeing for themselves and their families.
The FRC will determine a participant’s income managed percentage.
A person’s income managed percentage may be:
- 60 per cent to their enhanced Income Management account and 40 per cent to their personal account, or
- 75 per cent to their enhanced Income Management account and 25 per cent to their personal account, or
- 90 per cent to their enhanced Income Management account and 10 per cent to their personal account.
Bundaberg Hervey Bay region
Enhanced Income Management is operating for volunteers in the Bundaberg and Hervey Bay region, defined by the boundaries of the Federal Division of Hinkler. This includes the townships of Aldershot, Bargara, Elliott Heads, Woodgate, Booyal, Burrum Heads, Torbanlea, Toogoom, Howard, Childers, Burnett Heads and River Heads. Participants use a SmartCard to access their enhanced Income Management account.
People who live in the Bundaberg and Hervey Bay region, can volunteer for enhanced Income Management.
A person's income managed percentage will be 50 per cent to their enhanced Income Management account, and 50 per cent to their personal account.
For more information on enhanced Income Management, SmartCard or how to volunteer:
- Call the FRC on 1800 004 973
- visit servicesaustralia.gov.au/smartcard
- call the SmartCard eIM hotline on 1800 252 604