The Reconnect program is a community based early intervention and prevention program for young people aged 12 to 18 years (or 12 to 21 years in the case of newly arrived youth) who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and their families.
The Reconnect Operational Guidelines 2018-2021 provide the operational framework for Reconnect service providers in the implementation and administration of Reconnect.
Action research is a key component of the Reconnect program. For Reconnect's early intervention methods to be effective, all services need to respond to their clients' needs using a reflective and improvement-oriented approach to service delivery.
- Research in Action: A Guide to Best Practice in Participatory Action Research
- Reconnect Action Research Kit (2000)
- Action Research Induction Kit
- On PAR - Using Participatory Action Research to Improve Early Intervention
- Reconnect - Departmental Review
- Literature Review: effective interventions for working with young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Reconnect: working with young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Report of the Reconnect Longitudinal Study: Building Community Capacity for Early Intervention (April 2003)
Find a Service
For further information, contact DSS firstname.lastname@example.org