DSS website linking policy
Linking to our website
We welcome links to the DSS website. As content may be updated or moved without notice, you are encouraged to link to our homepage at www.dss.gov.au.
Providing and maintaining a link to any DSS website content signifies agreement to the following conditions of our linking policy:
- You may link to, but not replicate, content contained on the DSS website.
- You must not list DSS telephone or fax numbers or office details on your site. Please link to our Contact us webpage instead.
- Links must be presented in a way that fairly represents our role and our website material.
- The context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site or organisation is endorsed or sponsored by us.
- All website content is subject to strict copyright conditions. You must not frame, reformat or alter files, forms, pages, information, images and materials from our website.
- You may not use our logo on your website.
- You are responsible for routinely checking any links to our website to ensure they remain accurate.
Links to other sites
Who we link to
- Government and education websites (ie .gov.au and .edu.au sites) that provide primary information sources for DSS customers and further access to community and non-profit organisations.
- In exceptional circumstances, where there is a government requirement, we may provide links to organisations outside of these domains on a case-by-case basis.
- Some technical support sites (Adobe, Microsoft, Apple) to allow users to download additional software to help them view our website content.
DSS will not display the logos of external organisations on our website.
We use the following criteria to determine which links are placed on our website.
- is an official government operated, government funded or educational institute website;
- complements existing information on the DSS website;
- complies with required government web standards;
- is reviewed and updated regularly, and contains accurate information; and
- provides details about endorsed government information and services.
Note: DSS is not responsible for the content displayed within third party sites. Those sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards. We are not responsible for the content or availability of those sites, their partners, or advertisers. Any link to an external site is provided for your information and convenience only and does not constitute the Department's endorsement of those services or any associated organisations or products.
DSS reserves the right to amend this policy at any time and solely at its discretion.