Research projects under the National Disability Research Special Account: 2012, 2015 and 2020
The collection of 2012, 2015 and 2020 research reports is now available through the Disability Research Collection of the Analysis & Policy Observatory (APO), established by the National Disability Research Partnership.
The reports cover topics such as:
- community attitudes towards people with disability
- informing better service delivery for people with disability
- building community inclusion of people with disability
- housing for people with disability
- mapping capacity and knowledge in the Australian disability services sector
- improving understanding and supports for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability.
A National Disability Policy and Research Working Group oversaw the 10 disability research projects from the National Disability Research Special Account for the 2012 funding round. A Research and Data Working Group oversaw the 11 disability research projects from the National Disability Research Special Account for the 2015 funding round.
Following administrative changes resulting from National Cabinet’s acceptance of the recommendations of the Conran Review of former COAG Councils and Ministerial Forums, it was agreed the selection, progress and finalisation of the 2020 National Disability Research Special Account research projects would be overseen by Commonwealth, state and territory officials responsible for the implementation of the National Disability Strategy.