Young Carer Bursary Program Evaluation
The Young Carer Bursary Program evaluation was commissioned by the Department of Social Services in 2016, and was conducted by Inside Policy.
The evaluation consisted of interviews with past and present recipients of the bursary, Department of Social Services staff, Carers Australia representatives, and members of the independent expert advisory panel. The evaluation also included quantitative analysis of survey and program administrative data.
The evaluation found the Young Carer Bursary Program assists bursary recipients to:
- stay in education
- continue in their caring role
- increase their social connections; and
- reduce the daily pressure/stress they experience.
The evaluation summary report gives an overview of key findings from the evaluation.
The full evaluation report outlines the methodology and elaborates on key findings of the evaluation.
- An evaluation of the Young Carer Bursary Program - Summary Report
- An evaluation of the Young Carer Bursary Program - Final Report