- Research and Evaluation
- Raising Children Network
- Raising Children Network Discussion Forums
- Supporting Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Fact Sheet on the DSM-5 and Eligibility for the HCWA and Better Start
- Parent newsletter
- Service Provider newsletter
- DCP Training Resources
Find out more about the Research and Evaluation of the HCWA and Better Start programs.
The Raising Children website is a Government-funded parenting resource that provides information for parents on a wide range of topics. The site has lots of useful information about children with ASD and disability including:
- Therapy Guides may help you gain an understanding about the different therapies available to you and your child.
- My Neighbourhood tool to help you locate providers in your area.
- Pathfinder services that will also help you navigate service providers:
Talking to other parents who are in your situation can provide moral and emotional support, as well as practical solutions and advice based on personal experience. Connect with other parents on the Raising Children Network forums.
A guide to assist individuals with ASD has been developed by the Australian Advisory Board on Autism Spectrum Disorders (AABASD), with funding from the Department of Social Services.
The guide has information for parents/carers and professionals on support and services available for individuals under 25 years of age with ASD.
It outlines available assistance on assessment and diagnosis, funding packages, intervention and therapy, childcare, school, family support and planning for the future.
TherapyConnect covers a range of subjects, including types of specialists, developmental milestones for your child, and the important role you play in helping your child get the most out of therapy.
In order to be eligible for HCWA or Better Start, children need to have met diagnostic, age and residential criteria. This fact sheet provides information on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), which has had implications for the eligibility of HCWA and Better Start.
We regularly send families and carers a newsletter with tips and information about our programs. The newsletter is sent to the email address you supplied when you registered with HCWA or Better Start.
We regularly send providers a newsletter with tips and information about our programs. The newsletter is sent to the email addresses of FOFMS users in your organisation.
DCP Training Resources
These task cards have been designed to provide assistance to access and operate the DSS Grants Payment System (GPS). The system was originally known as FOFMS, and has been renamed GPS. Service provider’s access the GPS through a portal, this portal has been renamed the Disability Case Portal (DCP).
Autism Advisors, Better Start Registration and Information Service and Panel Service Providers use the DCP to manage client information and submit claims to DSS.
The GPS Helpdesk and can be contacted through GPS.Helpdesk@communitygrants.gov.au or 1800 020 283.
- Creating a New Client Record
- Creating a New Case Record
- Printing the Letter of Introduction
- Creating a New Outer Regional and Remote (OR&R) Claim Record
- Creating a New Early Intervention Claim Record
- Submitting a Claim to DSS for Payment
- Update a Client Record that is Associated with Your Organisation
- Locating and Interpreting Early Intervention (EI) Financials for Service Providers