Carer Payment and Carer Allowance Field Test
Have you recently started an online claim for Carer Payment and/or Carer Allowance and received an email inviting you to participate in a field test?
Please note: as of 1 January 2019 we are no longer recruiting new participants for the Carer Field Test.
If you opted in prior to 1 January 2019 but have not yet taken your Field Test Health Professional Report to your treating health professional, please disregard completing the Field Test. We are no longer collecting Health Professional Reports as part of the Field Test.
If you have completed your Field Test Health Professional Report and uploaded it to your claim, please complete the Carer Report by clicking the Field Test button above. We are still collecting the Carer Report component of the Field Test.
- Fact Sheet for Carers
- Fact Sheet for Health Professionals
- Fact Sheet – How will your information be protected?
- Fact Sheet – Frequently asked questions
Tips for Completing the Carer Field Test
If you are having difficulty logging in to the Field Test, try these tips:
- The CRN field is case sensitive. Please ensure the letter in your CRN is uppercase e.g. 123456789A not 123456789a.
- Please also ensure you enter the Access Code exactly as it is provided in the email (including all hyphens).
- Please ensure there are no spaces in either the CRN or Access Code fields. If there is a space anywhere in the field, you will be unable to log in.
- Please also ensure you are entering your own CRN and not the CRN of the person you are caring for.
Would you prefer to complete a paper copy of the Carer Field Test?
If you would prefer to complete a paper copy of the Field Test the forms are available to be downloaded below. The form can then be scanned or photographed and sent to CarerFieldTest@dss.gov.au or posted to Reply Paid 83311, Department of Social Services Carer Field Test, Canberra ACT 2601.
- Field Test Form – if you are caring for a person under 16 years
- Field Test Form – if you are caring for a person over 16 years
If you have any questions about the field test, please contact the Carer Field Test Helpline on 1800 456 555 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Eligibility for Carer Payment and/or Carer Allowance is assessed by the Department of Human Services (Centrelink). The Carer Field Test team cannot provide advice or information on your official claim.
For any queries relating to your official claim for Carer Payment and/or Carer Allowance, please contact Centrelink on 13 2717.
Where can I find more information about making a claim for Carer Payment and/or Carer Allowance?
To find out more information about how you can start a claim for Carer Payment and/or Carer Allowance please visit: