A new National Disability Strategy
What can I do?
A new National Disability Strategy - Latest News
Release of the National Disability Strategy Stage 2 consultation reports
I am pleased to release the reports on the results of Stage 2 public consultations to inform development of a new National Disability Strategy. I would like to thank everyone for your efforts in contributing your views, experiences and expertise during the consultations.
The Stage 2 consultations sought feedback from the public on the governments’ proposals for the new Strategy, as set out in the National Disability Strategy Position Paper and the introductory paper on the Outcomes Framework.
I was very pleased to be involved in the consultations to directly hear the views of people with disability and their suggestions for the new Strategy.
Three reports on Stage 2 consultations have been developed:
- A New National Disability Strategy – Stage 2 Consultation Report on Targeted Workshops
- A New National Disability Strategy – Stage 2 Consultation Report on Submissions
- A New National Disability Strategy – Stage 2 Consultation Report on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Engagements
The reports are available on the Department of Social Services website and available in a variety of accessible formats including Auslan, Easy Read, Braille and language translations.
The Australian Government, along with state and territory governments and the Australian Local Government Association, is using the results of the consultations to inform development of the new National Disability Strategy for release in the second half of 2021.
- National Disability Strategy - Stage 2 Consultations - Now Open
- National Disability Strategy - Stage 2 Consultations - Update
- March 2020: National Disability Strategy Consultations Deferred
- October 2019: Update from the Department of Social Services on developing a new model for national disability policy in Australia