National Disability Strategy 2010–2020
The National Disability Strategy 2010–2020 (original Strategy) was the first time all levels of government committed to a unified, national approach to improving the lives of people with disability, their families and carers, and to providing leadership for a community-wide shift in attitudes.
The original Strategy was informed by extensive community consultations undertaken in 2008-09. The consultations focused on an Access Inclusion Participation Discussion Paper and resulted in the Shut Out report.
The following are copies of the original Strategy, and the implementation plans and progress reports completed under the original Strategy. The original Strategy has been superseded by Australia’s Disability Strategy 2021–2031 (ADS).
Continuing Commitment to the National Disability Strategy
National Disability Strategy
- National Disability Strategy Standard & Easy Read Version
- National Disability Strategy Summary Document
- National Disability Strategy 2010-20 Factsheet
First Implementation Plan
First Progress Report
Second Implementation Plan
- Second Implementation Plan - Driving Action 2015-16
- Australian Government Plan to Improve Outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People with Disability
- National Disability Strategy 2010-2020 Australian Government Action Plan
Second Progress Report
Third Implementation Plan
Final Progress Report
- Final Progress Report 2017-2021: Standard, Summary and Easy Read
- Final Progress Report 2017-2021: Summary in Auslan
- Final Progress Report 2017-2021: Summary in 13 languages