We are committed to improving gender equality in our Department.
Our approach to gender equality allows all employees, regardless of gender identity, to receive and enjoy the same:
The Australian Public Services (APS) Gender Equality Strategy 2021 – 2026 informs our initiatives to support the Government’s G20 commitment to reduce the gender gap in the workforce by 25% by 2025.
We want all our employees to reach their full potential. Within our workplace we provide:
- thriving diversity networks
- a culture that values and respects the contributions and aspirations of all staff
- equal access to career opportunities
- fair recruitment practices
- representation in leadership positions
- a safe workplace for all staff
- understanding and acknowledgment of the intersections between:
- caring responsibilities.
We have a Gender Equality Champion and Gender Equality Network to support and improve gender equality. They:
- promote a gender-inclusive culture and advocate for gender equality at all levels
- organise events and activities to support staff to:
- develop leadership skills
- professional capabilities
- encourage an inclusive workplace
- work with our diversity networks and across the APS
- provide recommendations to senior executives on workplace policies.
Contact DiversityandInclusion@dss.gov.au for more information.
Learn more about:
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Disability inclusive workplace
- Gender equality
- Supporting LGBTIQA+ staff
- Cultural and linguistic diversity in our workplace
- Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff