Have your say on ways to help strengthen the community sector12 September 2023
The stronger, more diverse and independent community sector issues paper is now available on the DSS Engage website for feedback.
The issues paper has 5 focus areas for discussion:
- Giving the sector the voice and respect it deserves through a meaningful working partnership.
- Providing grants that reflect the real cost of delivering quality services.
- Providing longer grant agreement terms.
- Ensuring grant funding flows to a greater diversity of Community Service Organisations.
- Partnering with trusted community organisations with strong local links.
Feedback on these 5 focus areas will inform the development of recommendations on innovative approaches to grant funding that will support both short and longer term changes to the operation of community sector grants.
To share your views and help support long-term change for the sector that provides support to individuals, families and communities when they need it most, visit the DSS Engage website.
Submissions close on 7 November 2023.
Find out more:
See the DSS website for more information about communities and vulnerable people.