Disability Reform Ministerial Council Meeting on 21 April 202324 April 2023
Commonwealth, State and Territory Disability Ministers met on 21 April 2023 in Brisbane with the Hon Amanda Rishworth MP attending online.
Guests at the meeting included: the Co-Chairs of the NDIS Review Panel, Ms Lisa Paul AO PSM and Professor Bruce Bonyhady AM; the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner, Ms Tracy Mackey; and Associate Professor Ruth Parker, and Adjunct Associate Professor Jennifer Cullen from the James Cook University.
Some key issues discussed included the:
- NDIS Review Panel’s initial findings in relation to pricing and payments and participant safety
- Australia’s Disability Strategy – Safety Targeted Action Plan Forward Work Plan
- National Disability Advocacy Framework 2023-2025
- supply of safe, affordable and accessible housing for people with disability
- plan to enact the guiding principles for supported employment
- measures in place to maintain an effective COVID-19 response for people with disability ahead of an expected increase in cases over the winter months.
Ministers noted progress on the implementation of the implementation of measures in response to the NDIS Commission’s Own Motion Inquiry into aspects of Supported Accommodation and the NDIA’s work to transform the NDIA’s National Contact Centre to improve the experience of participants and their families.
Find out more: