Disability Reform Ministerial Council Meeting on 10 February 202315 February 2023
The Disability Reform Ministerial Council (DRMC) comprising of Commonwealth, State and Territory Disability Ministers met on 10 February 2023 at the Enid Lyons Building in Canberra.
Guests at the meeting included Co-Chairs of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Review Panel, Professor Bruce Bonyhady AM and Ms Lisa Paul AO PSM. Ministers also welcomed former Australian of the Year, Mr Dylan Alcott AO, who reflected on his time as Australian of the Year. He also presented on the Get Skilled Access and Accenture NDIS 2.0 paper.
Some key issues discussed included:
- The 2022-23 DRMC Annual Report for National Cabinet’s consideration, highlighting key achievements in 2022 and priorities for 2023.
- Continuing to improve safe and timely discharge from hospital of NDIS participants.
- Working to stop the entry of younger people to residential aged care and continue to facilitate the appropriate exit of those younger people already living in residential aged care facilities.
- Thin market trials across 4 sites: Kimberley in Western Australia, Longreach in Queensland, Gippsland in Victoria, and South-Eastern New South Wales.
- Exploring new approaches to building a stronger, sustainable care and support sector.
Ministers also heard from NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner, Tracy Mackey, who provided an update on the Own Motion Inquiry into Aspects of Supported Accommodation.
Find out more:
Read the full meeting Communiqué.