Budget 2022-2329 March 2022
Budget 2022-23 includes a number of measures to improve the wellbeing of individuals and families in Australian communities.
Key measures include:
- A $1.3 billion women’s safety package to implement the next National Plan to End Violence Against Women and Children, including $30 million to provide national leadership on reducing the rate of child abuse and neglect and its intergenerational impacts
- $1.5 bllion to provide cost of living support to around 6 million eligible pensioners, welfare recipients, veterans and concession card holders
- $10.5 million to build the long-term viability of the financial counselling sector
- $25 million to boost emergency relief, food relief and financial counselling services in flood affected areas
- $1.2 million to expand the Autism: What next? website to provide more support for families in the first year after diagnosis
- $249.1 million to support measures under the whole of Government Care and Support Workforce strategy
- Providing Rapid Antigen Tests to NDIS Supported Independent Living residents and workers.
Find out more:
Find out more about Budget 2022-23.