Freedom of Information
The Commonwealth Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act) provides the Australian community access to information that the department holds.
You can get certain information, including personal information we hold about you, without a need for a formal Freedom of Information (FOI) request and formal process under the FOI Act. You may find the information you seek on the following pages on our website:
- Information published under the Information Publication Scheme
- Corporate reporting and publications
- Senate order listings including contracts, file lists and appointments
- Accessing personal records
- Publications and articles
- the Departmental FOI Disclosure Log
- the Portfolio Ministers FOI Disclosure Log
You can also find various data sets published by the department, including DSS Payment Demographic statistics on the Australian Government Data website.
You can request other data that isn’t publicly available by completing the data request form.
Making an FOI request
If you cannot find the information you are seeking, you can request access under the FOI Act to documents we hold or official documents held by our portfolio ministers.
Find out more about how to make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request.