Departmental File List
Following the creation of a standing Senate Order in 1995, all Australian Government agencies are required on a six monthly basis to produce an indexed list of files created during that reporting period. In the past, these lists were tabled before Parliament.
To provide Australians with greater access to relevant government information, the original Senate Order was amended in 1998 to enable departments to list these files on their Internet sites.
The Senate Order requires lists to be 'indexed'. The file listings are shown under the names of the current agencies of the Department and then by subject.
The Senate Order specifies that the list need not include:
- files transferred to the National Archives of Australia
- files related to the internal administration of the Department (staff or personnel, accounts, training or general administrative matters)
- case-related files (for example personal representations or dealing with the personal affairs of departmental or agency clients)
- file titles whose national security classification is Confidential, Secret or Top Secret or their equivalent.
1 July to 31 December 2015
- Departmental File 1 July to 31 December 2015 - PDF [1MB]
- Departmental File 1 July to 31 December 2015 - XLSX [86KB]
1 January to 30 June 2015
- Departmental File Listing 1 January to 30 June 2015 - PDF [744KB]
- Departmental File Listing 1 January to 30 June 2015 - XLS [310KB]
Please note for the next reporting period (1 January to 30 June 2016) refer to the Department of Health for files relating to the Aged Care function and the Department of Education for files relating to the Early Childhood and Child Care function.