Departmental File List
Following the creation of a standing Senate Order in 1995, all Australian Government agencies are required on a six monthly basis to produce an indexed list of files created during that reporting period. In the past, these lists were tabled before Parliament.
To provide Australians with greater access to relevant government information, the original Senate Order was amended in 1998 to enable departments to list these files on their Internet sites.
The Senate order requires lists to be ‘indexed’. The list includes the Department of Social Services and its Portfolio Agencies. Files are listed under the relevant agency and then by subject.
The Senate Order specifies that the list need not include:
- files related to the internal administration of the Department (staff or personnel, accounts, training or general administrative matters)
- case-related files (for example personal representations or dealing with the personal affairs of departmental or agency clients)
Departmental file lists:
- Departmental File List - 1 July 2021 - 31 December 2021
- Departmental File List - 1 January to 30 June 2021
- Departmental File List – 1 July to 31 December 2020
- Departmental File List - 1 January to 30 June 2020
- Departmental File List - 1 July to 31 December 2019