Agency Multicultural Plans
Under the Multicultural Access and Equity Policy: Respecting diversity. Improving responsiveness all Australian Government departments and agencies are required to develop and implement Agency Multicultural Plans.
The Plans are structured around six dimensions – Leadership, Engagement, Performance, Capability, Responsiveness and Openness – on which departments and agencies must report. Plans include core minimum obligations under the Policy and allow departments and agencies to outline priority actions, responsibilities and targets for improving their responsiveness to the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse clients.
The first Agency Muliticultual Plans cover the period from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2015.
Australian Government departments and agencies are required to publish their Plans on their websites.
- Australian Communications and Media Authority
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Australian Law Reform Commission
- Australian National Audit Office
- Australian Taxation Office
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre
- Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman
- The Treasury