Future Planning: People with Disability
The Department has developed the following information about planning for the future of a family member with disability:
- two booklets to assist families planning for the future of a family member with disability
The Special Disability Trusts: Getting things sorted booklet includes information on:
- planning for the future, taking account of disability issues generally
- how families can use trusts to provide for family members with disability
- availability of concessions from social security and veterans' entitlement means tests for beneficiaries and eligible family members establishing a Special Disability Trust.
The Planning for the future: People with disability booklet includes:
- guidance on the things to consider when planning for the future
- options available to families when planning for the future
- information about how to set up a trust
- information about how to obtain financial and legal advice
- useful contacts
- future planning checklist.