Consumer Training and Support Products
The Department of Social Services (DSS) funded the development of Consumer Training and Support products to assist employers, support staff and employees with disability in Australian Disability Enterprises to understand and participate in elements of the Quality Strategy and ways to continuously improve.
The Consumer Training and Support products are designed to:
- be used by Australian Disability Enterprises to train their own staff, and employees with disability; and
- increase knowledge and skill for employees with disabilities on a range of topics
Consumer Training and Support products, including multimedia training and information products, have been developed for the disability employment sector. Target groups include:
- Employers - Australian Disability Enterprises and advocacy services.
- Employees - people with disability working in Australian Disability Enterprises.
- External - other parties in contact with people with disability and Australian Disability Enterprises.
- Trainers - anyone delivering training to staff of disability services or people with disability in work contexts.
The Consumer Training and Support Products are intended to provide information and training to Australian Disability Enterprise staff, people with disability who work at their organisation, and other groups as appropriate.
The Consumer Training and Support Resource Directory is designed to explain the entire suite of products.
As this suite of products was developed prior to the introduction of the new Australian Disability Enterprises name, there are references throughout the products to ‘Business Services’. These products are relevant to Australian Disability Enterprises.
However, all services should also be aware of the references to the 12 Disability Services Standards which have now been replaced with the National Standards for Disability Services. Services should refer to the resources available for the new National Standards for Disability Services.
Additionally, supplementary products such as hard copies, CDs or DVD are no longer available.