BSWAT Payment Scheme
The Business Services Wage Assessment Tool Payment Scheme Bills 2014, the legislation underpinning the BSWAT Payment Scheme, passed the House of Representatives on 17 June 2014 but were voted down in the Senate on 24 November 2014.
The Australian Government is currently actively considering its options in relation to next steps.This website will be updated as more information becomes available.
To be eligible for the Payment Scheme, a person must have:
- an intellectual impairment, which includes an intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder, dementia, or impaired intellectual function as a consequence of an acquired brain injury
- had their wages assessed using the BSWAT, or a training wage while waiting for a BSWAT wage assessment
- have required daily support within an Australian Disability Enterprise workplace to maintain employment.
All eligibility criteria will need to be met for individuals to access the scheme.
For more information
- Supported employees, families and carers can call the hotline on 1800 880 052.
- Questions and Answers: BSWAT Payment Scheme
- Easy English information regarding the BSWAT Payment Scheme - specifically provided for supported employees with an intellectual disability: