For Service Providers
If you are interested in becoming a Better Start or HCWA service provider:
If you are a current Better Start or HCWA service provider:
Auslan Training Providers
Under Better Start, parents may use some of their child’s resource funding to pay for attendance at an Auslan course run by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) or DSS approved Auslan Training Provider.
To check if an organisation is an RTO, please visit the Skills: training.gov.au website.
Organisations (other than RTOs) who wish to deliver Auslan courses to parents through Better Start must be assessed by the Early Intervention Helpdesk as meeting the following criteria:
- Proof of registration or membership to an authority or organisation for auditing purposes (e.g. Department of Human Services, QLD Government, RTOs, AQTF etc.);
- Certificate of Registration of Standards (e.g. ISO 9000, 14000 etc.);
- Proof of complaint procedure;
- Brief outline of course delivery; and
- Teacher’s qualifications – the latest Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAA40104) and credentials on teaching Auslan (preferably Diploma of Auslan or have taught Certificate in Auslan courses).
For more information or to apply to be an Auslan Training Provider, please call the Early Intervention Helpdesk on 1800 778 581 or email email@example.com.
Current DSS approved Auslan Training Providers
Payment for these courses must be claimed in FOFMS by a registered Early Intervention Service Provider.