Applying for membership of the Early Intervention Service Provider Panel

UPDATE: New applications to join the Early Intervention Service Provider Panel have been progressively closing across Australia and are now closed in South Australia, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Tasmania and Northern Territory. On 28 February 2020, closures will be extended to Queensland and Victoria, and on 20 March 2020 in Western Australia.

Funding for the HCWA and Better Start programs is transitioning to the NDIS and the programs will close June 30 2020.

The Early Intervention Service Provider Panel covers providers for both Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) and Better Start for Children with Disability (Better Start). You can apply to deliver services under one or both programs.

There is no deadline for applications and it is not a competitive selection process. The selection criteria allow us to determine that your skills and experience are suitable for HCWA and Better Start clients.

To apply to be a service provider for the Helping Children with Autism or Better Start programs please call  the DSS Grants hotline on 1800 020 283 or TTY 1800 555 677. to request an application form.

You will need to submit a fee schedule with your application, template below:

As part of the application process you must supply two professional references, including one in writing. The application form has instructions on how to do this. You may also be asked to provide other documents or evidence to support your application. DSS aims to assess applications within 6-8 weeks, however delays are sometimes unavoidable.

If you are successful, your organisation will be listed on our website along with your fees and location.

Adding consortium members or subcontractors for existing providers

The following form is for use when adding additional consortium members or subcontracting services:

Any questions?

Contact the Grants Hotline on 1800 020 283.

Please be aware that as of 18 January 2016 any changes to your organisation’s business type, such as changing from a trust to a company, will require a new application to be lodged. Please ensure that you are operating under the most appropriate business model for your situation before lodging your application. We advise that you consult with your financial or tax advisor before lodgement.

Last updated: