Aged Care Information

The Department of Social Services provides a range of useful information on contacts and services available to assist you with ageing and aged care issues.


For information on aged care

Call the My Aged Care phone line (1800 200 422), which is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm, and Saturday from 10am to 2pm. Trained staff can provide information on:

  • Aged care services
  • My Aged Care website
  • Referrals to assessment services
  • Information about carer support services

National Continence Helpline 1800 330 066*

The National Continence Helpline is staffed by a team of qualified continence nurse advisors who provide information, education and confidential advice to callers with incontinence or who are caring for someone with incontinence.  The helpline also provides information and confidential advice to health professionals. The helpline operates 12 hours a day (8.00 am to 8.00 pm AEST), Monday to Friday and is closed on national public holidays.

National Dementia Helpline 1800 100 500*

The National Dementia Helpline provides information, support and referral services for health professionals, people with dementia, their carers and families. The helpline operates from 9am to 5pm AEST Monday to Friday and has an after hours message service.

Aged Care Complaints Scheme 1800 550 552*

The Aged Care Complaints Scheme is available to anyone who wishes to provide information or raise a complaint or concern about an Australian Government-subsidised aged care service (including residential and community care). Complaints may be made openly, anonymously or confidentially. The Scheme can be contacted between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm weekdays and 10:00 am and 5:00 pm AEST weekends and public holidays.

*A free call from most fixed phones. Mobile phones are charged at applicable rates.


My Aged Care website

My Aged Care is an Australian Government website providing up-to-date information about aged care. It assists people to navigate the aged care system and can provide referrals for assessment and service provision.

Aged Care Complaints Scheme

The Aged Care Complaints Scheme provides a free service for people to raise their concerns about the quality of care or services being delivered to people receiving residential or community aged care services that are subsidised by the Australian Government.

Bladder Bowel website

The Bladder Bowel website provides information on the prevention, management and treatment of bladder and bowel problems for consumers, health professionals, service providers, researchers and others.

National Public Toilet Map website

The National Public Toilet Map website identifies more than 14,000 public toilets across Australia, providing useful information about each toilet such as location, opening hours, availability of baby change rooms, accessibility for people with disabilities, parking and the details of other nearby toilets.

Last updated: