Consultation on the first release of Exposure Draft Aged Care Principles – 1 July 2014
Aged Care Reform: Release of Exposure Draft Subordinate Legislation
As part of the ongoing process to implement the aged care reforms, a number of Aged Care Act 1997 related Principles will be revoked and created for commencement on 1 July 2014.
From March 2014, the Department is progressively releasing Exposure Drafts of these legislative instruments for comment. The instruments are being released in batches and published for a period of three weeks each.
The first release of Exposure Drafts remained available for comment up until 14 April 2014, and included the:
- Exposure Draft Accountability Principles 2014
- Exposure Draft Approval of Care Recipients Principles 2014
- Exposure Draft Approved Provider Principles 2014
- Exposure Draft Classification Principles 2014, and
- Exposure Draft Grant Principles 2014.
How to provide comments
Any comments on the Exposure Drafts were to be submitted to the Aged Care Legislation mailbox (Agedcarelegislation@dss.gov.au) by 14 April 2014.
Please note that, unless requested otherwise, comments received may be published, in whole or in part.