NRAS Legislation, Resources and Reporting
- Legislation and Regulations
- Information Sheets
- Regulator Performance Framework
- NRAS Performance reporting
- NRAS Risk Management Framework
- NRAS Glossary of Terms
The legislative framework for the Scheme is provided through the National Rental Affordability Scheme Act 2008, the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Division 380) and the NRAS Regulations.
- National Rental Affordability Scheme Act 2008
- Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Division 380)
- NRAS Regulations 1 April 2020
- Information Sheet – Coronavirus
- Information Sheet – Transfer of Provisional Allocations
- Information Sheet – Investor Protections
- Information Sheet – NRAS Tax Offset
- Information sheet – NRAS incentive and charitable status
- Information Sheet – Income Definition
- Information Sheet – Eligible Tenants
- Information Sheet - Information for Tenants
- Information Sheet – Application and timing of NRAS market index
- Information Sheet – Maximum Permissible Rent
- Information Sheet – Allocations due to expire
- Information Sheet - Approved participant code of conduct
- Information Sheet - Timing and submission of the Statement of Compliance
From 1 July 2015, the National Rental Affordability Scheme will be subject to the Government’s new Regulator Performance Framework. The Framework has been developed following consultation with a range of stakeholders, it consists of six outcomes-based key performance indicators covering reducing regulatory burden, communications, risk-based and proportionate approaches, efficient and coordinated monitoring, transparency, and continuous improvement.
- NRAS Regulator Performance Framework
- NRAS Regulator Performance Framework Annual Self-Assessment Report 2015-2016
- NRAS Regulator Performance Framework Annual Self-Assessment Report 2016-2017
The Department has prepared this report for the purpose of disseminating information on NRAS free of charge for the benefit of the public. It draws on information and data provided by a variety of individuals and organisations, including from Approved Participants of the NRAS.
The 2017-18 NRAS Risk Management Frameworks details, the NRAS risk mitigation, risk monitoring, governance and continuous improvement strategies that will be implemented in the 2017-18 year.