Specialist Disability Accommodation Initiative
General enquiries:1800 625 136
Technical support:1800 020 283
TTY:1800 555 677
This funding round has now closed. Feedback for this funding round is available below.
Please Note: Applicants are not required to submit a Registration Form for this funding round.
The Australian Government invited organisations to apply for an open competitive process to deliver services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme – National Disability Insurance Scheme Transition – Sector Development Fund – Specialist Disability Accommodation Initiative outside the NDIS trial sites for the period April 2016 to 30 June 2017. Funding of up to $10 million will be offered through grants of up to $1 million to organisations as a result of this process.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), of which the Sector Development Fund (SDF) is a Sub Activity, intends to ensure people with a disability are supported to participate in and contribute to social and economic life to the extent of their abilities. People with disability and their carers will have certainty that they will receive the individualised care and support they need over time.
The Specialist Disability Accommodation Initiative (SDAI) is designed to help address immediate community need for specialist disability housing in areas outside NDIS trial sites, as determined by geographic location or age cohort, by providing ‘top up’ funding to:
- increase the availability of accommodation for people with a disability, who the applicant anticipates will be eligible for the NDIS, with a particular focus on:
- those housed in inappropriate accommodation settings; and
- those with ageing carers who are in need of a long-term, sustainable arrangement.
- identify project initiatives with self-sustaining specialist disability housing models which could be scaled up in the future.
Additional information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme – National Disability Insurance Scheme Transition – Sector Development Fund – Specialist Disability Accommodation Initiative can be found in the following documents:
- Funding Round Summary provides detailed information on the funding round, including the amount available and eligibility requirements.
- Attachments will only be assessed where they provide evidence to support the claims made in your application. Additional information included will not be assessed.
- For instructions on how to attach relevant documents to your application, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (Q7 of the Applications and Selections Processes section).
- In addition, applications submitted must meet all of the following conditions:
- the applicants’ projects must be outside of the NDIS trial sites. Outside of NDIS trial sites is defined as ‘not available in trial locations (where these are geographically based) or trial cohorts’. Further information on the NDIS trial sites is available. Applicants must provide address details of the proposed project site; and
- projects must have state or territory government (or other third party) written guarantees of support funding for the individuals who will be accommodated by the project (given the fact these projects will not be in NDIS trial sites); and
- the application must demonstrate how the proposal is sustainable once the accommodation is occupied; and
- the application must demonstrate that occupants are anticipated to be eligible for the NDIS once the location is included within the NDIS scheme.
- Application Form
- Programme Guidelines Overview
- Questions and Answers
- Co mprehensive Grant Agreement Terms and Conditions
When contacting DSS either by phone or by email please quote the identifying code which relates to this funding round - 2015-290 - SDAI.
- Funding Round Summary [120.5 kB]
- Funding Round Summary [833.3 kB]
- Programme Guidelines Overview [175.2 kB]
- Programme Guidelines Overview [96 kB]
- Questions and Answers [206.4 kB]
- Questions and Answers [37 kB]
- Comprehensive Grant Agreement Terms and Conditions [191.8 kB]
- Comprehensive Grant Agreement Terms and Conditions [885.8 kB]