Multicultural Arts and Festivals
General enquiries:1800 625 136
Technical support:1800 020 283
This funding round has now closed. Feedback for this round is available below.
Please Note: Applicants do not need to submit a Registration Form for this funding round.
The Australian Government invited organisations to apply for Multicultural Arts and Festivals funding for events to be held between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017. Up to $5,000 was available for each project that provides opportunities for Australians of all backgrounds to come together and experience different cultural traditions.
This funding was available through an open process to deliver services under the Families and Communities – Strengthening Communities – Multicultural Arts and Festivals. Total funding of $125,000 is available to 30 June 2017 to deliver Multicultural Arts and Festivals. Up to $5,000 is available for each project that will be held before 30 June 2017.
The Families and Communities Programme aims to strengthen relationships, support families, improve children’s wellbeing and increase participation in community life to strengthen family and community functioning, and reduce the costs of family breakdown.
The Strengthening Communities Activity aims to strengthen communities and promote inclusion and participation of disadvantaged people in community life. Multicultural Arts and Festivals (MAF) grants are aimed at building cohesive Australian communities. They do so by providing opportunities for Australians of all backgrounds to come together and experience different cultural traditions, including through multicultural arts and festival projects.
More information about the Families and Communities – Strengthening Communities – Multicultural Arts and Festivals can be found in the:
- Programme Guidelines Overview, which sets out how grants are funded
- Funding Round Summary, which sets out detailed information about the funding, including the amount available and eligibility requirements
- Application Form, which must be completed and submitted by the closing date
- Questions and Answers that provides specific information about this funding round. DSS cannot answer questions, requests for information or correspondence about the status or progress of applications from close of business Thursday, 21 April 2016 until the selection process has ended
- Letter of Offer Grant Agreement General Grant Conditions, which includes the conditions that you will agree to if your application is successful.
Please note: Please do not include any attachments with your application. Attachments will not be assessed.
Contacting the Department of Social Services (DSS)
If you require assistance please call the DSS Grants Hotline on 1800 625 136 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote “2015-503 – MAF” when contacting DSS by phone or by email.
- Programme Guidelines Overview [209.2 kB]
- Programme Guidelines Overview [851.7 kB]
- Funding Round Summary [280.7 kB]
- Funding Round Summary [812.4 kB]
- Questions and Answers [93.3 kB]
- Questions and Answers [28.4 kB]
- Letter of Offer – Terms and Conditions [132.4 kB]
- Letter of Offer – Terms and Conditions [26.1 kB]